1. A_________ gain or profit is the actual gain after all working expenses have been paid.
A. gross B. net
C. positive D. negative
2。 A better working environment improves people's performance, and _________ productivity。
A. furthermore B. hence
C. moreover D. even
3. A completely new situation will ________ when the examination system comes into exist-ence.
山东群英会走势图表A. rise B. arise
C。 raise D。 arouse
4. A cork will ________ in water, but a stone sinks.
A. fly B. flow
C。 float D。 drift
5。 A dark suit is preferable _________a light one for evening wear。
山东群英会走势图表A。 to B。 than
C. for D. against
山东群英会走势图表6. By next year, I shall have ________ all my debts.
A. cleared up B. cleared off
C。 cleaned up D。 cleaned away
7。 By the end of 1994, 559 kinds of products bad been _________green food,
A. named B. restricted
C. classified D. labeled
8。 By the end of the class, some students had ________ ink。
A。 finished B。 run out of
C. ended D. dried up s
9. Cambridge has announced plans to establish a business school _________ the master's degree in business administration.
A。 representing B。 presenting
C. offering D. supplying
10. Can a novelist remain _________ to the problems of the world in which he lives?
A. impartial B. indifferent
C. careless D. detached